Start your own Computer Repair business

Introduction To Computer Repair

From the advent of the first mass-marketed personal computer in 1977 to present time, computers have successfully become an integral part of daily human life.

Over time, computers have become cheaper, more mobile and easier to use. Single individuals now own multiple computers in the form of desktop, laptop, netbook, handheld and mobile devices. With the increase in use of computer technology and devices, the number of problems have also increased.

It has become crucial to have some knowledge about fixing computers so you:

  1. Don’t get ripped off by a computer technician,
  2. You can fix your own computer, and/or
  3. You can fix computers for a living.

In this computer repair manual, you will find all the information you need to fix a computer. First the manual looks at all the tools you need to prepare your computer repair toolkit. That includes both hardware and software tools that you would need to successfully troubleshoot and repair software and hardware issues.


Computer Repair Manual Guide

About 80% of all computer problems faced today are software-related, which is why you will notice most of the material covered in this book is software-related. The other 20% of computer problems are obviously hardware. When there is a hardware issue in a computer, the book will show how to diagnose the faulty hardware component. This is done by running various tests using the programs in your toolkit. You will then learn how to replace the malfunctioning or broken hardware component, once the fault has been identified.

Tools

Windows 10 Critical Error Start Menu
Windows 10 Critical Error Start Menu

 

You can purchase most of the hardware tools required for your computer toolkit from any local computer store. Most of the software tools mentioned can be downloaded free of cost from their respective websites. There are a couple that you would need to purchase from the software programmer’s/manufacturer’s website. It’s easy to do, just go to the respective software vendor’s website by clicking on the provided links.

Your journey into the world of computer repair can start right here. I can assure you that it is not as scary as you think it is. Even those of you with tech-anxiety will find that fixing computers is not only fun but quite easy. It’s just a matter of reading the instructions and following them carefully.

The most effective way of using this book is to keep it open on your computer screen. You can use this as a reference guide while practicing different troubleshooting techniques and procedures mentioned. It is also a good idea to acquire an old desktop or laptop computer that you can practice on. It could be a machine that has been sitting in your shed or garage collecting dust or it could be a donated machine from a family member, relative or friend for your new computer repair practice.

This book will prove to be very useful to you whether you want to learn to fix computers for yourself, your friends and family, or use it as your computer repair bible for your computer repair business.

Start your new career here and now !