If you are using StorageCraft ShadowProtect and ImageManager, here are the steps to recover a server to a Hyper-V environment.
ShadowProtect runs on each server you want to back up, and Image Manager manages the backup storage location. Image Manager can also run “HeadStart Restore” jobs. This basically keeps a VMWare (vmdk) or HyperV (vhd(x)) hard drive copy of your backup and restores each incremental backup to this hard drive, keeping it up to date (or as up to date as your policy defines, it may be 1 hour, 1 day or longer behind the server it is backing up). Continue reading →
There are more results available than are currently displayed in Exchange 2013 ECP
When you try to view Organisational Units or public folders and you have more than 500, not all are visible and you get the message “There are more results available than are currently displayed”. This is because Microsoft have limited the results to 500 and you cannot get more results.
On the Exchange server navigate to the Exchange install folder then \ClientAcess\ECP. Continue reading →
“This mailbox server is responsible for generating an offline address book”
I was trying to uninstall Microsoft Exchange 2013 after moving to Exchange 2016 but kept getting the error “This mailbox server is responsible for generating an offline address book” in the Readiness checks.
I ran ‘Get-Mailbox – Arbitration’ to verify all the mailboxes had been moved.
Nothing appeared to be pointing at the old server and I could not find any mailboxes on the server.
In the end, I ran ADSIEdit and found under Configuration > services> Microsoft Exchange > First Organisation> Address List Container > Offline Address Lists that the Offline Address Book had a reference to the old server. Continue reading →
I have just been looking at a problem with IIS (OWA outlook web access and sharepoint http://companyweb were not responding) and remote access to the RDS server had stopped. The application event log was full of event ID 1500 and 1501 for the user spwebapp.
The Windows SBS 2011 is running Exchange/OWA and IIS and has the remote gateway configured to redirect to the RDS server.
I restarted the remote gateway service which fixed the remote access problem.
The next problem was OWA and Company web not responding. I restarted IIS by running the IISreset from an admin command prompt but this didn’t change anything.
As you can see the event were happening frequently (about 20 a second). I have no idea when this started as the log was full and overwriting older events.